Dirty Brushes

Blog about oils, education and life

New version of the old painting

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Perhaps, you remember that I have a painting called "Artist is juicing his heart to create a masterpiece". It's been just over a year since I completed it. Unfortunately, the quality of that artwork is no longer sufficient to include this piece in portfolio and be proud. I really liked the idea of this work, that is why I couldn't hide it in a dark corner and forget about it. Besides, who does not like to look at photo comparisons like "that is how I painted in 2015 and in 2016"? I admit that I love it, because such photos are always very inspiring.
At the same time, I've decided to rework one more old piece - "The Decision is Yours". I'll write about this painting a little bit later.
Here I was using a method that I've learned from one of the famous artists - instead of doing everything at once, I was working gradually - firstly, I finished the face, then began to move around. It's a bit early to say whether or not I like this method, but I'll talk about it in details next week (with a new example).
You can compare the process of creating a previous version of the painting, which is HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment