Dirty Brushes

Blog about oils, education and life

Step by step: the process of creating the Artist is juicing his heart to make a masterpiece

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

*I think I've almost set a record in category "The Longest Name of the Post"

The idea of this painting came to me when I was watching one of those heartbreaking movies about the artist - when he does his best and keep struggling.

The process is almost identical to the process of my previous painting "Confidence and Determination". Here you can find the step by step guide - http://zarinasitumorang.blogspot.ru/2015/04/step-by-step-process-of-creating.html

But in this particular case I didn't do the color sketch. The consequences were bad - I had to redone the colors 3 times, which means that I had to erase the color layer completely. It was my absolute record in redoing something. The good thing about that is I would never forget to do the color study before starting the painting. Own mistakes are the most enlightening. Plus I've got a new idea for a future article - the importance of the color sketch.

The initial sketches

The sketch of the hand and the detail of the finished painting.


The process


The original work on DA:

http://bit.ly/1yOgoYQ

No comments:

Post a Comment