Dirty Brushes

Blog about oils, education and life

My setting

Thursday, January 28, 2016

I wanted to post new artworks, but it's a such responsible activity, that I keep stalling. Well, at least I can tell about the stuff that surrounds me.
Recently, I posted a photo (check my Instagram) of the books (and one App), that I use as references for my figure drawings and paintings. These are the things that are always with me.



1) (top left) Book by Gottfried Bammes "Die Gestalt des Menschen". This book has a stunning content (anatomy drawings, figure drawings, schemes) plus it is easy to find what you need, because it is structured beautifully.
On Amazon - crazy price!

2) (top right) Mogilevtsev "Drawing Samples". I use this book not only as a reference, but also as a source of inspiration. If you are interested in traditional artworks, I highly recommend all books by Mogilevtsev as they represent the Russian academic style.
On Amazon

3) The application called L'Ecorché from App store. It's very useful, when you have problems with the perception of form in space.

Hope that you'll find my micro-review useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment