Dirty Brushes

Blog about oils, education and life

Plans, thoughts and pencils

Thursday, July 2, 2015

I promised myself not to bite off more than I can chew (=not to work on many paintings at the same time), but I couldn't resist, and here is a super quick sketch for my future painting. The third one I'm working on.


I am completely in love with the process of drawing, but there is one thing that spoils the mood - sharpening pencils. Previous week I've finally bought new pencil knife, so the process is a little bit easier now, but still very time-consuming. Furthermore, my ability to drop pencils on the floor doesn't make the situation better. 

This is how my pencils look right after the sharpening
Currently, I'm in a process of writing new post - How to Learn the Anatomy. Next week it will be ready.

The Friday is coming, so Have a Nice Weekend!

5 comments:

  1. teacher i use mechanical pencils

    what your thought about them ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it really depends on the style you've chosen. The benefit of the pencils from my photo is that you can draw with them differently - create a thin line with the tip of the pencil and bold line with the side of the pencil (that is why they are sharpened like that). Anyway, traditional artists also use mechanical pencils, but only for small details.

      Delete
    2. ah i see now

      thx lot teacher

      before i use pencils collection from lighter to the darker

      but now i use mechanical pencils 0,7 HB 12

      and i like it lot but some time can not do everything

      so i use normal one to make some effects

      thx lot for everything to is mean the world to me :D

      Delete
    3. For a long time I was using only 2B pencils, then I realized that it's not enough and moved on to pencils from 6H to 8B.

      You are welcome!

      Delete
    4. also me i got lost first and used random ^^"

      Delete